Current Condition

Bacon/Webster - Wolff/Roberts House (1856)                                #17

 




Orson Bacon arrived in Neillsville in 1855. He was a farmer and built a vernacular gabled ell dwelling with two gabled wings. After the Civil War, Eugene Webster came to Neillsville and operated a livery stable. Webster purchased the Bacon home, enlarging and extensively remodeling the existing structure in 1898. Adding the iron-crested belvedere tower with spndled balustrade atop a new balustrade entry porch and the large Queen Anne window created a Victorian flavor. LR

 

EL – The structure is eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
LR – The structure is listed on the Local Historic Register
NR – The structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places

 

Department Contacts
City Clerk (715) 743-2105 clerk@neillsville-wi.com
Public Works (715) 743-5678 Dflynn@neillsville-wi.com
Recreation (715) 743-2400 reclady@hotmail.com
Library  (715) 743-2558 director@neillsville.lib.wi.us
Parks     (715) 743-7071  
Cemetery (715) 743-7071  
Water Dept.       (715) 743-3991 water@neillsville-wi.com
Sewer Dept. (715) 743-3592 sewer@neillsville-wi.com
Police Dept.  (non-emergency) (715) 743-3122 neillsville.police@neillsvillepd.org